Last Updated: April 14th, 2019
This policy governs your access to and use of https://evergreendimes.com (the “Site”).
The term “user” refers collectively to visitors who casually browse our Site, readers, subscribers, and members who have registered to use or buy our Site’s services and products.
Our business cares very much about the privacy and security of our users’ personal data. We’ve taken considerable efforts to ensure compliance with international data protection and privacy laws, such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Types of Data We Collect
In general, you control the amount and type of information that you provide to us when using our Site.
- Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
- When you register for our Challenges, Contests, Offers, Free Courses, Downloadable Content, or Newsletter through our Site’s opt-in forms, your information is collected based on consent. You will be asked for consent during registration.
- When you buy our products or services your information is collected as part of a legal contractual transaction.
- What happens if you don’t give us your personal data?
- If you choose not to provide us with your personal data, you may not benefit from all of our Site’s content, products, services, or features. However, you may still access and use some parts of our Site in limited capacity without giving us your personal data.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- Automatic information
- We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Site, if any, as well as the name of the website you’ll visit when you leave our Site. This information may also include the IP address of your computer/the proxy server you use to access the Internet, your Internet Service Provider’s name (ISP), your web browser type, the type of mobile device, your computer operating system, and data about your browsing activity when using our Site. We use all this information to analyze and improve our Site for the benefit of our users’ experience.
- When you browse or interact with our Site
- During registration
- We collect your name, email address, and other information listed on our Site’s opt-in forms, when you register as a user, subscriber or member.
- When you buy our products or services
- If you buy any of our products or services, we collect your first and last name, email address, physical address, credit card or other payment information, phone number, and other information listed on our Site’s transaction forms.
- Location information
- When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual physical location. We use several technologies, like GPS and IP tracking, to determine your location. These technologies may also provide us with information about nearby cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other devices.
Your Rights As A User
When using our Site and submitting personal data to us, you may have certain rights under the GDPR and other international laws. Depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may have some or all of the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you and how we process it.
- The right of access
- You have the right to get confirmation that your personal data is being processed and have the ability to access your personal data.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten
- You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have a right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data is restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request and get your personal data that you provided to us and use it for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request. To request your personal data, please contact us using the information at the bottom of this privacy notice.
- The right to object
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for the following reasons:
- Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- Direct marketing (including profiling)
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for the following reasons:
- Automated individual decision-making and profiling
- You will have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Filing a complaint with authorities
- You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the GDPR. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy. For more details about the GDPR regulation, click here.
- Strictly necessary cookies
- These cookies are necessary for proper functioning of a website, such as displaying content, logging in, validating your session, responding to your request for services, and other functions.
- Performance cookies
- These cookies collect information about the use of a website, such as pages visited, traffic sources, users’ interests, content management, and other website measurements.
- Functional cookies
- These cookies enable a website to remember a user’s choices — such as their language, user name, and other personal choices. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user make a blog post, listen to audio, or watch videos on a website.
- Media cookies
- These cookies can be used to improve a website’s performance and provide special features and content. They can be placed by third parties who provide services to us or by our company.
- Session cookies
- These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes — such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse a website. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a website so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session, and therefore are not stored long term.
- Persistent cookies
- These cookies are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a website (or, in some cases, across different websites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a website or to target advertising to them.
- Identifying the areas of our Site that you have visited
- Personalizing content that you see on our Site
- Our Site’s analytics
- Re-marketing our products or services to you
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
- Affiliate marketing
- Allowing you to share content with social networks
- Web Beacons
- We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our Site and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers and users.
- Google Analytics
- We use Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our Site. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our Site, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our Site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, re-market our products and services to users, improve our marketing, and to improve our Site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our Site, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with personal data. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our Site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our Site. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, click here. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information you can opt out by clicking here.
- Google re-marketing
- Facebook re-marketing
Use Of Your Data
- The information we receive from you will be used to:
- Offer our products and services that you have requested or purchased from us
- Personalize and customize our content
- Improve our Site
- Inform you about updates to our Site’s content, products, services, or features
- Resolve problems and disputes
- Contact you with marketing and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you
- Communications and emails
- Our communications with you regarding our Site will be done via the email address you provided when you used our Site’s registration forms. We may also send you emails with promotional information about our Site or offers from us or our affiliates unless you have opted out of receiving such information. You can amend your contact preferences at any time through your account or by sending us an email with your request using our contact information below.
- Sharing information with affiliates and third parties
- We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes. However, for data aggregation purposes we may use your non-personal data, which might be sold to other parties at our discretion. Any such data aggregation will not contain any of your personal data. We may provide your personal data to third-party service providers we hire to provide services to us. These third-party service providers may include but are not limited to: payment processors, web analytics companies, data management services, help desk providers, accountants, law firms, auditors, shopping cart and email service providers, and shipping companies.
- Sharing information with Google and Facebook for marketing purposes
- We may share your personal data with third parties for similar audience marketing purposes. Similar audience marketing is also called lookalike audience marketing. The third parties we share your personal data with for this type of marketing include Facebook and/or Google. Using your personal data, for similar audience marketing or lookalike audience marketing helps us find new audiences (users and customers) based on similar interests to yours, this helps us improve our marketing services. Your personal data is only shared with Facebook and Google for this type of marketing.
- Legally required releases of information
- We may be legally required to disclose your personal data if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other users; or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
- Community Discussion Boards
Retaining And Destroying Your Personal Data
We retain information that we collect from you (including your personal data) only for as long as we need it for legal, business, or tax purposes. Your information may be retained in electronic form, paper form, or a combination of both. When your information is no longer needed, it will be destroyed, deleted, or erased.
- Updating your personal data
- You can update your personal data using services found on our Site. If no such services exist, you can contact us using the contact information found below and we will help you. However, we may keep your personal data as needed to enforce our agreements and to comply with any legal obligations.
- Revoking your consent for using your personal data
- You have the right to revoke your consent for us to use your personal data at any time. Such an opt out will not affect disclosures otherwise permitted by law including but not limited to: (i) disclosures to affiliates and business partners, (ii) disclosures to third-party service providers that provide certain services for our business, such as credit card processing, computer system services, shipping, data management services, (iii) disclosures to third parties as necessary to fulfill your requests, (iv) disclosures to governmental agencies or law enforcement departments, or as otherwise required to be made under applicable law, (v) previously completed disclosures to third parties, or (vi) disclosures to third parties in connection with subsequent contests or promotions you may choose to enter, or third-party offers you may choose to accept. If you want to revoke your consent for us to use your personal data, send your request to the contact information below.
Protecting The Privacy Rights Of Third Parties
Should any postings you make on our Site contain information about third parties, it is your responsibility to ensure you have permission to include that information in your posting. While we are not legally liable for the actions of our users, we will remove any postings about which we are notified, if such postings violate the privacy rights of others.
Do Not Track Settings
Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that your actions not be tracked by our Site. Our Site is incapable of obeying such settings when they are transmitted to and detected by our Site. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by referring to your browser’s user settings.
Links to Other Websites
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Even though our Site is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16, we realize that a child under the age of 16 may attempt to access our Site. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our Site, please contact us. Before we remove any information, we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing our Site, we will delete their information within a reasonable period of time. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability to do so.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
You can always opt out of receiving further email correspondence from us or our affiliates. We do not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission.
Our Site is built using industry-standard security measures and authentication protocols to protect the security of your personal data. We and the third parties who provide services for us, also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee against the loss or misuse of your personal data or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature.
Credit Card Use
You may have to provide a credit card to make purchases from our Site. We use third-party billing services and have no control over these services. We use our commercially reasonable efforts to make sure your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card data.
European Union Data Transfer